How to find us
The Centre for Mathematics (CMS) is located on Wilberforce Road (CB3 0WA), off Madingley Road. The centre may also be reached from Clarkson Road, off Grange Road. Zoom in on the map below for bike and car parking.
Bus services serving CMS
- The Uni 4 route links a number of university sites including CMS
- Stagecoach run the C4 (Citi 4) service from Cambridge city bus station. These buses go down Madingley Road passing CMS.
- Stagecoach routemaps, city bus station layout and timetable links (right hand side).
- The X5 service runs between Oxford and Cambridge. It is a limited stop service with stops very close to CMS (Bulstrode Gardens). If coming from the Oxford direction, alight at the first stop after Madingley Road Park and Ride, cross the road and walk in the direction the bus was travelling; within just a couple of minutes is Wilberforce Road, the turn to CMS. To return, turn left out of Wilberforce Road and walk to the Bulstrode Gardens stop.
- Whippet bus Service 1 departs from the city centre and stops on all the Madingley Road stops close to CMS. This has a quicker route to Madingley Road than the C4.
Arriving By Car
- Our building is close to the M11 motorway (exit at Junction 13).
- Please note that parking on site is very limited and should be arranged in advance of visiting.
- Some parking is also available on nearby streets.
- There is a park and ride site within a mile of CMS.
Madingley Road Park and Ride
- The Madingley Road Park and Ride is just one mile from the Centre for Mathematical Sciences.
- The Uni 4 bus which also serves CMS stops there.
- The Park and Ride site is between the motorway turnoff and the Centre for Mathematical Sciences.
- Cambridge Park and Ride sites
From the Railway Station
- Cambridge railway station is about 3 miles from CMS.
- There is a taxi rank at Cambridge rail station. Ask for Clarkson Road. The fare should be in the region of £9.00.
- From the train station: the Uni 4 bus service links the nearby Brooklands Avenue with CMS.
- Or for a journey with less walking, catch one of the many buses from the railway station to the city centre and then transfer onto the C4 route. The C4 stops outside CMS. Linkto C4 route maps and timetables (right hand side).
Coming by Coach
- Many coach services stop at Parkside. A few minutes walk will take you to the C4 bus stop.
Further Travel Information
Arriving at the Site
Wilberforce Road Entrance
Follow the signs for CMS reception. Cycle parking is provided in designated areas in the carpark.
Clarkson Road Entrance
Follow the lane-way, turn left at the Gatehouse and CMS centre core where reception is located is right in front of you. Cycle parking is provided outside the Gatehouse.